04 January 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year! I hope in your reflections on 2008 you have fond memories of a fun filled year...and, that you are looking forward to another.

I spent the first half of vacation a little busier than expected, then the second half ended up a little duller than expected, but no worries because in all that I found a fun new creative thing. Printing! I received a great book for Christmas that has inspired me to experiement in this new world. My first attempt is below. I'm excited with the results. This is a 12 inch muslin pillow with a botanical from my sketch book. Yay! I love that I can transfer a doodle into something physical.

On another note, it will be one year of the "bliss blog" this month. I can't believe it! So to commemorate, I gave her a lil' face lift. I figured something more upbeat and reflective of my creative mission to start this blog was due. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love this! And how cool that it's your art being used to create something else!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pillow. that's so awesome!!!!!

Congrats on one year of blogging.